Saturday, February 16, 2013

Current Projects

So I'm pleasantly surprised that I actually got a Saturday off from work.  I took the opportunity to stay up late and watch Pitch Perfect and Bully.  If you haven't seen either one I urge you to go out and do so (for differing reasons, of course).  As a big girl I love seeing Rebel Wilson in the roles she's gotten, and I find myself noticing traits and deflection in Fat Amy that are also present in me.  She's a genuinely funny and passionate woman and I hope to see a lot more of her on the silver screen.

Bully hit home, but for different reasons.  I found myself ugly crying during a lot of it and it brought back memories of my own childhood bullying.  The level these kids take things definitely tops my own experiences.  Luckily, I was able to cope by becoming quite the snarky lady, but it's clear adults need to step up and put serious effort into protecting and fulfilling the needs of the kids who won't develop that coping mechanism.  The most poignant moment was the vice-principal stating that the kids on the bus were "As good as gold."  When I was being bullied on the bus, to the point where one jerkhole decided to try and slap my glasses off my face (cutting me scarily close to one of my eyes) the principal at the time had a similar reaction.  She changed her tune when my parents put everything in writing and slapped it on her desk.






~~~~
In other news I finished another blanket and I am starting what is now my 3rd blanket this month.  I seem to have caught the crochet bug and most of my spare time is spent doing rounds while watching youtube.  A few of them are going to be set aside for my future niece/nephew.  Personally I'm hoping for niece because I don't know if I could stand a mini version of my brother-in-law.  My sister is going to start trying when my bil returns from Afghanistan in the fall so I figure as long as I have the itch to make things I should start preparing.

 I really do love this one.  It's super soft and neat to look at.
I had this yarn hanging around for 5 years after the boyfriend I was going to make something for needed to be kicked to the curb.  Nice to see it in its final form as a happily single lady.

And finally I have to announce that on Tuesday my life will be amazing when they release The Tyranny of King Washington for Assassin's Creed 3.  I seriously love this series and I shelled out $ on the season pass for this DLC.

2 comments: